Monday, December 13, 2010

Andrenaline keeps me in the game

"Adrenaline keeps me in the game, adrenaline you don't even feel the pain," was a song the came out in Vin Diesel's  XXX.

Adrenaline is freaking awesome. I would always experience an adrenaline rush during my friday night football games. My adrenaline level was so high that if I were to get knocked down by a hard hit, I would get right back up. Even a cut in my skin would not be felt, until I looked at it the next day. In a sense, the lyrics from the song above is viable to an extent.

Adrenaline, also known as epinephrine, is a hormone that increase heart rate, and induces the fight-or-flight response in the sympathetic nervous system we all learned in A&P I.

Adrenaline is commonly used in the medical field to help treat patients who have gone under cardiac arrest. So yes, even though our body produces it, it is available in liquid form.


However, adrenaline is not a drug to be played around with. Just because they used it on the remake of Nightmare on Elm Street doesn't mean that it is safe. It raises your heart rate like crazy and can make you do things you wouldn't normally do. Especially things that are unsafe. You can even die from having to much adrenaline. I mean if your heart is racing faster than a mofo, then it is bound to crash.

****Joke for Dr Zen***
What is the fastest way to determine the sex of a chromosome?
-You pull down its "genes"

1 comment:

  1. Fuck you Guy Who Wrote This, if I ever find liquid adrenalin, I'm so drinking that shit. I'll take a little at a time but I'm fucking drinking it, dammit.

    ReplyDelete